Rodenstock sunglasses: With or without prescription

Stylish sunglasses from Rodenstock protect your eyes and perfectly complement your look.

scroll down
Your wish list
Your optician

Only the best for your eyes:
Sunglasses in Rodenstock quality.

Sunlight contains a high amount of blue scattered light that superimposes the other colours and leads to low-contrast vision. Rodenstock sunglasses filter the blue light radiation to the optimal level. This way you can see with absolute precision also in bright or diffused light. Objects appear with high contrast, colours and details have a natural look.

Tints, gradient colours and mirror coatings:
Find the sunglasses that suit you.

Choose your favourite colour - tints and colours for your sunglasses.

Give your sunglasses that certain something and choose the lens colour that suits you best from our large colour portfolio. Tint colours not only differ visually, but also bring various benefits, e.g. better vision while driving, with them. Take a look at our colour variety and learn more about the properties and benefits of the various lens colours and tints.

Colour variety and properties

Outdoors for everyone, everywhere, in any weather.

The Rodenstock SunContrast portfolio offers ideal solutions for all sports and outdoor fans. With SunContrast sunglasses you find the right equipment for all occasions.
The sunglasses are functional, highly effective and also always offer an optimal and clear view in the most challenging weather conditions. Unspoiled fun and maximum safety are guaranteed at all times.

The SunContrast portfolio

Intelligent sun protection –
Self-tinting sun protection lenses from Rodenstock.

Our self-tinting sun protection lenses ColorMatic IQ® Sun 2 adapt to the respective lighting conditions in record time. In strong sunlight they protect your eyes with a dark tint. If you switch to the shade, the lenses automatically brighten by up to 55%. This guarantees clear, high-contrast vision round the clock, also in changing lighting conditions.
The lenses are available in six trendy colours and contrast colours. Fashion-conscious individuals combine their self-tinting sunglasses with the stylish Silver Moon mirror coating.

Self-tinting? See it here.

Optimal vision also with strong reflections.

Polarised sun protection lenses offer more safety and visual comfort outdoors and when driving, especially in strongly reflective areas such as snow or water. The polarising effect ensures a significant reduction of the dazzling effects, good colour perception and a clear detailed view also in difficult lighting conditions – for example in deep snow or in the case of reflections on wet roads. Choose your favourites from three stylish colours: Polarised Brown, Polarised Grey or Polarised Green.

See the effect
  • Whether you are on the beach or in the city – with a trendy mirror coating you highlight your individual look. You can choose from three trendy metallic colours for your new Rodenstock sunglasses. The red coated sunglasses not only look cool, but also have an infrared heat filter, reducing the thermal stress on the eye.
    Tip: Combine the silver-coloured mirror coating Solitaire® Silver Moon or the red Solitaire® Red Sun 2 with self-tinting sun protection lenses – for complete and intelligent sun protection.

  • Sunglasses generally do lots of travelling: When strolling through the city or playing sports, at the beach and in the bag. The premium Solitaire® Protect Sun 2 coating with CleanCoat protects your sunglasses against dirt and scratches and makes cleaning easier, thus ensuring you get long enjoyment out of your sunglasses. Sun cream, dust and sand particles or water splashes stand no chance.
    The coating also provides additional protection for your eyes by absorbing not only frontal sunlight, but also lateral reflections. So you can fully enjoy the summer.







Your new look: Rodenstock sunglasses for ladies and men.

Whether you are after the latest trend or timeless elegance – a strong design is always part and parcel of a pair of Rodenstock sunglasses. Just like top quality: Rodenstock spectacle frames combine innovative technologies, best materials and precise processing. Be inspired and discover the frame that best matches your style.

Edge filter for medical applications.

Medical edge filters are special filter lenses, which reduce glare for different eye diseases and ensure increased contrast perception by reducing short-wave blue light. These medical filter lenses also make it possible for the eye to adapt to changing lighting conditions in brighter environments quicker. The quality of life can be improved considerably whilst the existing vision potential is fully exhausted.

  • Improved glare protection for eye diseases
  • Better contrast perception thanks to stronger absorption of short-wave blue light
  • Protection against harmful UV light and potentially harmful blue light (except L400 (12%): This provides no protection against potentially harmful blue light.)

Colour variety and properties.

All tinted lenses offer 100 % UV and anti-glare protection and are available in your prescription.

  • Benefits of brown tinted lenses:
    • Improved contrast perception
    • Anti-glare protection, pleasant and fatigue-free vision

    Through improved contrast perception, these tints are perfect for sports and outdoor activities. The very good anti-glare protection also allows pleasant vision while driving.

    Tip:
    The light 12 % tint is also perfectly suitable for working at the PC, as well as for driving at night time.

    Did you know?
    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85% of the visible light is absorbed by the spectacle lens. The remaining 15% pass through the lens and hit the eye.

  • Benefits of grey tinted lenses:
    • Natural and unadulterated colour perception
    • Anti-glare protection, pleasant and fatigue-free vision
    • Perfect fit for every type, style and colour

    Grey lenses are perfect for driving. A natural and unadulterated colour perception make grey lenses the ideal companion behind the wheel.

    Tip:

    The light 12 % and 20 % tint is also perfectly suitable for driving at night time.

    Did you know?

    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85% of the visible light is absorbed by the spectacle lens. The remaining 15% pass through the lens and hit the eye.

  • Benefits of green tinted lenses:
    • Similar to natural colour perception as with grey glasses
    • But they are perceived as much warmer and more contrasted
    • Anti-glare protection, pleasant and fatigue-free vision

    Through improved contrast perception, these tints are perfect for sports and outdoor activities.

    Tip:
    With green lenses in combination with sunglasses in havanna brown you get the classic retro look. The light 12 % and 20 % tint is also suitable for driving at night.

    Did you know?
    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85% of the visible light is absorbed by the spectacle lens. The remaining 15% pass through the lens and hit the eye.

  • Benefits of blue tinted lenses:
    • Go well with most styles and colours
    • Blue lenses are the perfect all-rounder and very suitable for sunny days
    • Anti-glare protection, pleasant and fatigue-free vision

    Blue lenses are usually not suitable for driving, as they can distort colour perception. The blue tints of Rodenstock allow a natural colour perception due to the grey content and are therefore suitable for driving.

    Tip:
    The light 12 % and 20 % tint is also perfectly suitable for driving at night time.

    Did you know?
    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85% of the visible light is absorbed by the spectacle lens. The remaining 15% pass through the lens and hit the eye.

  • Refined gradient colours with many advantages:

    For spectacle lenses with gradient colours, the light reduction decreases from the upper edge to the lower edge. Thus, these are ideally suited for situations in which the lighting conditions change as soon as the wearer of the spectacles either looks into the distance, or near - as e.g. while driving.

    If the view is down on the dashboard, the driver sees through the slightly tinted area. If the view goes up into the distance through the windshield, he sees through the dark coloured area of the lens.

    In this way, one has always glare-free vision in the distance and an increased contrast view in the vicinity, e.g. on the floor or while reading. This has the advantage that distances can be better estimated.

    Did you know?

    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85 % - 40 % absorbs 85 % of visible light in the upper part of the lens and 40 % in the lower part. The remaining 15 % top and 60 % bottom go through the lens and hit the eye.

  • All tinted lenses offer 100% UV and anti-glare protection and are available in your prescription.

    Did you know?
    The percentages indicate how much light the sunglass lens absorbs, depending on its tint. At an absorption of e.g. 85% of the visible light is absorbed by the spectacle lens. The remaining 15% pass through the lens and hit the eye.

The SunContrast portfolio

A well-fitting pair of spectacles when playing sports is one thing. Spectacles that give athletes an optimal view are another. This is where our SunContrast sunglasses come into play. As they absorb more blue light than traditional sunglasses and thus reduce glare and increase contrast, they are the ideal solution for all sports and outdoor activities. The SunContrast portfolio offers a large selection of colours and apart from different absorption stages the SunContrast sunglasses are also available in gradient colours.

  • Best contrast perception and optimal glare protection
  • Ideal in bright or diffused light and changing weather conditions
  • 100% UV protection

ColorMatic IQ® Sun 2.

The self-tinting sunglasses with style factor. Whether you are sunbathing on the beach or in the partial shade of a street café, the intelligent sunglasses not only guarantee an attractive look, but also adapt instantly to the light conditions. The contrast-enhancing contrast colours are perfect for sports and outdoor fans, whereas the fashion trend colours are ideal for fashion-conscious individuals.

  • Intelligent sun protection with self-tinting ColorMatic IQ® Sun 2spectacles
  • Optimally protected with 100% UV protection and anti-glare protection

Fashion Brown

The effect of polarizing lenses

Especially on water or in the mountains the glare of the sun is omni-present due to strong light reflections on reflective surfaces such as wet roads, water or snow. With the Polarized Portfolio glare-free and relaxed vision is guaranteed as the annoying reflections are almost eliminated with the lenses. Polarized sunglasses are perfect for driving, sailing, surfing, as well as for eyes that are sensitive to light.

Non Polarized
Polarized
BENEFITS:
• Increased safety and visual comfort during sports activities specially in the mountains or on water
• Glare-free, relaxed vision without fatigue
• Intensive perception of contrasts and details
• Available in the colours Polarized Brown, Polarized Grey and Polarized Green
Appointment request

Send a non-binding appointment request to the optician of your choice.



Phone
Fax

Your wish list

To help your optician prepare for the appointment, attach your wish list including your selected spectacles and frames to the appointment request.

Your appointment request has been successfully sent to

You will shortly receive an email confirming the data that has been sent to the optician. The optician will contact you directly to set-up your appointment.

BACK TO HOME
Unfortunately your request could not be sent!

Please try again.